Originally established in 1987 as the Wheel Resort, Byron Bay Rainforest Resort offers pet friendly accommodation and facilities that are designed for people with restricted mobility or disabilities.
Ideally suited to couples, young families, disabled travellers, and people travelling with their pet/s, we don't accept “schoolies”, so you can enjoy a peaceful, quiet resort style holiday or break.
The property features nine cottages on approximately 12 hectares (30 acres) of landscaped rainforest gardens and untouched wetlands.
A cabana (games room) and 15 metre saltwater swimming pool add to the relaxing surrounds.
The rainforest may not be as majestic as some of the mountain rainforest you'll see in the national parks of the region, but is more of a jungle, and as a result offers habitat to a surprising number of bird species.
Nature Notes provide a brief outline of some of the features of this fascinating ecology to try and help you better understand and appreciate this beautiful environment. Meanwhile, please enjoy a look through our web site and photo albums.
We are located in Suffolk Park, next door to Byron át Byron and opposite Byron Bay Gold Club, just 5 minutes drive from Byron town centre, and 10 minutes drive to Cape Byron and the lighthouse on the most easterly point on the Australian mainland.
At a Glance
Extensive walking and bush wheeling tracks, abundant and diverse birdlife, a campfire, bushtucker landscape, and a salt water pool with ramp for easy access, are features of Byron Bay Rainforest Resort.
>>Photo right: cabins situated in park like grounds
- 9 Fully self contained 1 and 2 bedroom cottages sleeping 3-6 people, with tariffs from $150 per night (total 30 beds.)
- Please note: Byron Bay Rainforest Resort is unsuitable for “schoolies”, and for the comfort of our other guests, will not be booked. Please check with Byron Bay Visitor Centre for appropriate accommodation.
- Pets welcome (additional charge)
- 15 metre saltwater swimming pool with ramp access
- Remedial Massage and Healing Therapist available
- Check availability or make an online booking
- Check-in time: 2pm unless otherwise arranged
- Check-out time: 10am
- Excellent wheelchair access
- Large range of specialist equipment available
- Locality - at Suffolk Park
- 5 minutes drive to Byron Bay town centre
- 5 minutes drive to Suffolk Park Shopping Village
- Byron Bay Golf Course opposite
- Walk to Tallow Beach
- Adjoins Cape Byron Marine Park and Arakwal National Park
- Next to Byron at Byron Resort
- Dining out options: walk to Byron at Byron and Byron Bay Golf Club, short drive to Suffolk Park Village Centre.
- Home delivery available from nearby Suffolk Park Village eateries
- Environmental considerations: recycling in cabins, reverse cycle aircon Eco-inverter (saves 20% energy)
- Why not check availability or make an online booking now?
- Walking and wheeling paths over 6 acres
- Walking and exercise tracks over 29 acres
- Coastal Rainforest, dry heath and ti-tree wetlands
- Abundant bird and animal life
- See Nature Notes for more information
- Byron Bay Rainforest Resort - Google™ Earth view (requires Google™ Earth)
- Would you like to check availability or make an online booking now?
Resort walking paths
* Dining Out
Don't feel like preparing a meal or eating in? Home delivery is available to the resort from nearby Suffolk Park Village eateries. >> Photo right: Suffolk Park Village Centre.
Dining out options within walking distance include the Byron at Byron next door, and "the Deck" at Byron Bay Golf Club almost directly opposite the resort.
A short drive away at Suffolk Park Village Centre, you'll find Indian, Italian, a family Aussie brasserie at the pub, alfresco dining and take aways.
And of course, there's also downtown Byron for a huge range of world cuisines.